Responsible for the administration, development, support and maintenance of Vanquish Anti-Spam Linux based multi-server application. Provides expertise on server-side technologies, strategies and design standards. Collaborates with technically proficient administrators worldwide, to provide high quality experience that meets highest industry standards of PC-Magazine Editor’s choice Anti-Spam. Continually improves the users' and administrators' experiences in terms of functionality, ease and speed of execution and security of application. Assures the quality and value of the product in order to maximize results. Will act as the leader to ensure our offering consistently meet the evolving goals of the company and first of all company's clients.
Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with Linux systems, including administration, configuration, installation, network setup and basic shell scripting.
- Basic knowledge of email client programs and MTAs (Qmail and Courier)
- Basic knowledge of Apache, OpenLdap and SoapLite
- Knowledge of SMTP protocol.
- Perl, PHP and C languages
- Configuration of multiple MTAs (Sendmail, postfix, Qmail, MS Exchange)
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL and Berkley
- Tomcat and Java
- PageKit Web Application Framework
- QA testing methods and procedures
- Firewall setup and security procedures
- Infrastructural setup of server architecture (virtualization of physical servers is a plus)
We seek for an individual who will maintain and improve the process for building appliances. The position is expected to grow in responsibility as the number of customers increase and the company grows.
Office located at the intersection of Rtes. 20 and 495 in Marlborough Massachusetts.
Associate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Name: Vanquish, Inc.
Web Address: http://www.vanquish.com/
Since our inception in 2001, our mission has been to restore trust and respect to email, and in the process, protect you and your business from electronic intrusion and harm.
It's a big job, considering that 74% of the 191 billion email messages sent daily are irrelevant, patently offensive or downright dangerous.*
It's an important job, too. Your identity, your money and your business all are at risk from the viruses and financial traps lurking in untrusted email.
Unlike any other email security company, we see the battle against spam as a two-part strategy. The first part, we can fight and win immediately; the second stage - which is already beginning to unfold – constitutes a whole new way of restoring value to email and ending spam forever with economics. Email the way it was meant to be: Fast, free, universal and trustable.
So our business and the products we offer, follow this two-stage path.
1. Empower individuals and businesses to keep spam out, now.
2. Destroy the root cause of spam so that in the future there is no economic motive for spammers to spam.
Not only is our approach unique. So is our technology. We hold several patents on email management techniques. In brief, rather than focus on the message content of email, we concern ourselves with the way you surf the web, your preferences for handling email, and your personal style of communicating with others. It's about respect. For your interests. And your time.
To try the Vanquish Personal Anti-Spam service, visit http://www.vqme.com and click "Free Test Drive".
Name: Harold Weiss
Title: VP of Engineering
Address: 201 Boston Post Rd. W, Suite 400 Marlborough, MA 01752
Phone: 508-486-9040 x13